Tuesday, December 13, 2016

When your pony takes you swimming....

Todays ride on Spud was fitness based. I spent a long time warming him up after our long trot down the roads yesterday. I let him walk out for a good 15 minute's before building up to gallop sets and some intense hill work.
To cool him off I took him for a walk in the little lake in the paddock.

Cheeky little Spud decided he would try to roll so I pulled him up and kicked him on. Unfortunately he decided to jump forward right into the deep end of the lake. For a few scary seconds we were both fully submerged in the water until I jumped off and we both had to swim out.....


After setting the horses for the night I then had to deal with soaking tack and ending up driving home with almost nothing on....

Definitely not how I imagined my ride ending, but it gave me a good laugh. 

Hes lucky hes so cute.. 



2 comments:

Carly said...

Gotta love ponies!

Dom said...

I'm glad you're both ok... because this is pretty funny!