Monday, November 21, 2016

My first jumpout!!!

Today at work I rode in my first ever jumpout. For those of you that dont know im working my way to becoming a jockey, and today I took a massive step up and rode in my first two jumpouts. A jumpout is pretty much a mini race.
I was in the second heat riding my favourite horse that I work with/ride in the mornings Ondebut.
To be completely honest I wasnt sure if I was more scared or nervous, but as with all equestrian diciplines a lot of it is all mental.
I had to stay calm and give my horse confidence.
After instructions from my boss at the gates we were off.
I was told the hardest part was jumping out of the gates/barriers. The key is to stay with your horse and not be left behind, while keeping the power in my feet and not being pulled forward from the reins when the horse jumps. After the jump from the gates its pretty much go-like-fuck, but being careful not to clip heels or cut anyone off.
We aced it and came first!!
Boss must've thought we did good too because he put me on a second horse.

Honestly there is nothing better than the feeling off all that power underneath you!!!!!
Without further ado here are the video and pictures.









My second jumpout I was neck and neck for second place.
There is nothing better than the adrenalin / high from this!!

3 comments:

Carly said...

That's so awesome! Congrats on your win!

Liz Stout said...

Congrats on doing so well! So awesome.

4RRanch said...

you really are a bit crazy aren't you. well done.